Shadow Lords Mode
We’ve been chomping at the bit to share more about the great stuff coming in Season 3 of Killer Instinct, and Shadow Lords is a big part of that. Here’s a taste!
As you know, we’re always looking for ways to disrupt the norm in terms of what players expect from a fighting game, and for solo play, Shadow Lords is no exception. It’s an infinitely replayable solo player mode that pits you and a team of fighters that you’ve assembled against Gargos’ invasion of Earth.
We realized that most solo play modes were “one and done” and we didn’t want that for KI; we wanted to give you something you could sink your teeth into and come back to again and again, play it different ways, and challenge yourself every time you experienced it.
Shadow Lords is part ladder, part arcade mode, part story mode, and part roguelike, all rolled up into one unique experience.
· Your ultimate goal is to beat Gargos and his forces before he takes over the world. How fast that happens is completely up to how you play!
· Choose any character to “main” and assemble your team from across the entire roster of KI characters. Uneasy alliances abound!
· As characters are added to the game after launch, they’ll also come with new Shadow Lords content.
· There’s a lot of stuff to earn and craft in this mode, all of which can be obtained by playing. KI Gold will allow you to accelerate to get to some rarer stuff sooner to help in your fight against Gargos and his minions.
· The game features persistent items and elements that carry across multiple playthroughs.
· The new multiplayer mode we mentioned in the launch trailer ties into this mode and some of the things you can craft. We’ll be talking more about this later on in the season!
I’m sure everyone will tear into the screens (all WIP of course!) and the information you saw to put the pieces together on what this new mode could possibly offer, so use this forum to speculate and discuss!
We are very excited about this mode and what it means for KI into the future. We can’t wait to share more about it!