Hey everyone! The Eyedol Update is now LIVE! Along with it comes various character balance and bug fixes that you will find below. Additionally, you will find comments from the Development Team on why certain changes were made in Italics.
- Endokukens build 25% less Shadow Meter on hit and block for Jago. (The team feels that, given the strength of Instinct with two meters, Jago is sitting on full meter a little too easily. Even after this change, Jago remains the meter king of the game.)
- Crouching MP is now +5 on hit (was +3)
- Crouching HK is now +1 on hit (was -2) (This allows both of these moves to combo into Run Leap Slash Overhead on hit.)
- Fixed a bug that would leave Wulf cornered after performing a back throw against Gargos while cornered.
- Fixed a bug that caused Salticidae to bounce off of thin air if the opponent had just blocked a Widow’s Bite.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Orchid to bail out of certain parts of her enders into Shadow Flick Flak.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Spinal to absorb his own skulls outside of Instinct.
- Light Eye Laser is now -2 on block (was 0)
- Medium Eye Laser is now 0 on block (was +2)
- Heavy Eye Laser is now -10 on block (was -7) (This change ever so slightly weakens his pressure by forcing him to use Medium Laser to stay even on block, and makes using Heavy Laser without a pip cancel in zoning slightly weaker as well. Fulgore is still both an offensive and defensive powerhouse.)
- Fixed a bug that could cause Fulgore’s Devastation Beam to detach from him he was moved out of place without being hit during the move.
- Fixed an issue preventing Maya from being able to perform a linker immediately following a Shadow Counter.
- Made an adjustment to the successful Mantis animation so that it doesn’t look quite as strange when hitting an armored character.
- When Kan-Ra is hit while he has a Shadow Sand Trap, it will turn into a regular Sand Trap now instead of being destroyed. (The team was a bit worried this would prove too powerful, but we are going to try it for now and see how it shakes out.)
- Fixed a bug causing Running HP to be counter breakable on whiff.
- Fixed a bug causing some hits of the Tail Flip ender to not be breakable during opener ender situations.
- Rashakukens deal 1 less frame of blockstun. (This makes them ever so slightly less reliable in pressure strings that are spaced too closely or get a fast moving set of orbs. Omen controls the pace of the match really well so this won’t hurt him much, but will allow a tiny bit more wiggle room for opponents.)
- Demonic Slide attackbox reduced to only be in front of him. The Shadow Version’s hitbox is unchanged. (As much as we like the Omen flipout into slide mixup, we feel it’s a bit too strong for the character. This change will force players to find new mixups instead of relying on the very powerful and ambiguous meaty slide tech.)
- Fixed an issue preventing Ruin and Shadow Ruin from ignoring RAAM’s Kryll Shield as intended.
- Fixed an issue causing Counterhit Warpath (F+HK stompwalk) to deal less hitstun than the non-counterhit version.
- Standing HK no longer causes a wall splat when used in combos. (This adjustment was made to fix some seriously broken things that happen if you cancel the wall splat hit into his enders)
- Fixed a bug that allowed her to Instinct Cancel her Influence command throws.
- Fixed a bug causing Burnout to end if the opponent performs a counterbreaker.
- Increased the size of the detonation blast on Pyrobombs that are stuck to the enemy to ensure that they don’t whiff when the opponent’s body moves them away from their center.
- Fixed a bug causing Shadow Crescendo to hit on frame 1 instead of frame 3 as intended.
- Fixed a bug that could cause opponents to drop quickly to floor if Counter Hit while grounded by close HK.
- Fixed a bug preventing Aria from clearing the Kryll Swarm DOT effect when switching bodies.
- Bullet damage reduced by about 23% (From 18, to 14. This change was made in part to reduce the Jump Gun one chance break damage that Arbiter gets. We think this option is a cool way to spend bullets and want to leave it as a powerful option, but dial it back so that it feels more fair.)
- Damage Ender damage reduced by ~25%. (This change also helps with the change above to reduce one chance damage from Arbiter. Also, because Arbiter players tend to use Grenades or Bullets after enders, the various ender types are rarely used over the Damage Ender because it hits much harder than the other enders. Now you may have reason to use the other enders more often.)
- Grenade Respawn time changed from 14 seconds to 15 seconds. (Grenades are a very powerful offensive and defensive tool. This small adjustment will give Arbiter players roughly one grenade less per match to use as they see fit.)
- Fixed a bug causing some hits of the Overhead Slash ender to not be breakable during opener ender situations.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Minions to attack between rounds sometimes.
- Fixed an issue that could cause command grab followups to interrupt combo breakers.
- Sadistic Hurl now causes a blowout after an ultra combo. (This prevents super long quad-ultras for now so people can get back to playing.)
- Reduced the active frames on Kryll Shield Attack from 4 to 2. (Using this as a meaty requires better timing now, and it is easy to backdash out of these setups for the opponent.)
- Crouching HP is now 0 on hit instead of -1, allowing it to combo into Medium Decimation as intended.
- Fixed a bug causing RAAM to pass through opponents when trying to throw them into the corner with a back throw.
- Fixed a bug causing Shadow Dominance, Ender Dominance, and Shadow Kryll Rush to build meter for RAAM.
- Fixed an issue that allowed RAAM to combo off of his level 1 Splat ender midscreen.
- Adjusted the size of the grab attempt box on Kryll Rush to match the Shadow Version so that it won’t grab characters who are behind him on occasion.
- Fixed an issue making RAAM breakable after landing a Shadow Kryll Rush.
- Fixed a bug that could cause your opponent’s gravity to permanently change if you attempted a counter breaker during your OTG stomps on a specific frame.
- TJ Combo
- Shadow Jago
- Kim Wu
As always we want to hear what you think, so make sure to pop on in to the forums and let us know your thoughts.